[DISCUSSION] Sunvell T95Z Max TV Box

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
etzka
Experienced Member
Answers: 0

bumerc wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:35 am [mention]etzka[/mention] [mention]giannakis[/mention]
Please post the bootlog of the original bootloader. It is a memory variant where the RAM is memory and eMMC memory is in one chip.
And how to do that in a simpliest way?
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

etzka wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:56 pm
bumerc wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:35 am [mention]etzka[/mention] [mention]giannakis[/mention]
Please post the bootlog of the original bootloader. It is a memory variant where the RAM is memory and eMMC memory is in one chip.
Look here. For Windows just use Putty.
etzka
Experienced Member

bumerc wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:14 pm
Its not that simple :D
I dont have USB to TTL Convertor
unless pl2303 converter is appropriate for this job... :)
bumerc

Since apparently many users have difficulties with the connection of the serial converter, I wrote a small manual in the Freaktab forum.

UART - GPIO
There are 4-hole pads on the board, between SD-Cardreader and USB-Port. Soldering is not essential. A contact (mechanical) is sufficient.
The 4-hole connection order is almost always the same on each PCB, starting from GND (the only square-hole)

PIN-OUT:

1. GND
2. TX
3. RX
4. 3.3V, VCC (is not needed)

Connect the pads to the PCB with appropriate Serial-to-USB-Converter ports and connect the USB-Port of the Serial-Converter to the USB-Port of the PC with a USB-Cable.

GND (PCB) <-----> GND (Serial-Converter)
TX (PCB) <-----> RX (Serial-Converter) <-----> USB-Port (Serial-Converter) <-----> USB-Port (PC)
RX (PCB) <-----> TX (Serial-Converter)
papla83
Expert Member

bumerc wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:14 pm
Wooow it's a car diag tool :') after do that your mechanic can upgrade your Box easily LOL.
etzka
Experienced Member

it makes no sense to do something because the v2ff version with lpddr3 support has already been released :grinning: *)
bumerc

And if you do not have the LPDDR3, but a simple DDR3? Have fun puzzle ;)
etzka
Experienced Member

ok, I flashed sunvell t95z max with v2ff, with lpddr3 support.
There were problems:
no led clock,
smart youtube, webxperience always opens then close( I need smart youtube for watch 4k),
second time restart box, and now its stops booting, only show "vorke" logo. Why "vorke", its sunvell :)
HDMI CEC function working incorectly. I am using original tv remote, and when I turnoff tv, then box sleep too. When I turn on tv, box dont wake up. I have to pull out and pull in power charging adapter from the back of tv box.

And one question, can this box play 4k perfectly, without issues on any app?, because this is my 5th box, and no one can play 4k videos without lagging and another issues on any apps(exept smart youtube on original firmware with t95z max, tanix tx3 max), ( there were rk3229, s905x, s905w, s912 cpu's)?

edit---------------------------------------------------
problem with booting solved,I think its my external hdd consumes too much current...

second edit :)

system freezes and crashing 1-5 times per day...
sometimes stops on booting
sometimes crashing backing up from sleep
a lot crashing when watching videos in KODI

and its second time, that I flashed box with v2ff (flashing goes without any errors)

third edit

seems that I have bad external hdd( with a lot of bad sectors), now 4k plays far more better, and kodi plays better...
Keejxer

Having the same problem as you, here is my thread http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-sup ... utton-help.
Did you manage to flash any other image until this get fixed?
etzka
Experienced Member

etzka wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:14 pm ok, I flashed sunvell t95z max with v2ff, with lpddr3 support.
There were problems:
no led clock,
smart youtube, webxperience always opens then close( I need smart youtube for watch 4k),
second time restart box, and now its stops booting, only show "vorke" logo. Why "vorke", its sunvell :)
HDMI CEC function working incorectly. I am using original tv remote, and when I turnoff tv, then box sleep too. When I turn on tv, box dont wake up. I have to pull out and pull in power charging adapter from the back of tv box.

And one question, can this box play 4k perfectly, without issues on any app?, because this is my 5th box, and no one can play 4k videos without lagging and another issues on any apps(exept smart youtube on original firmware with t95z max, tanix tx3 max), ( there were rk3229, s905x, s905w, s912 cpu's)?

edit---------------------------------------------------
problem with booting solved,I think its my external hdd consumes too much current...

second edit :)

system freezes and crashing 1-5 times per day...
sometimes stops on booting
sometimes crashing backing up from sleep
a lot crashing when watching videos in KODI

and its second time, that I flashed box with v2ff (flashing goes without any errors)

third edit

seems that I have bad external hdd( with a lot of bad sectors), now 4k plays far more better, and kodi plays better...
any comments on this? because N'ayam Amarsh'e suggested this box to buy (in original box to buy topic),and I think, he got that one, but why I have those problems?

There is another problem thatI find:
when box goes to sleep, never get up, I have to pull down and up power cord, and then 5 of 6 times box stops on booting with vorke logo. There were no problems on original firmware