[DISCUSSION] Mecool M8S PLUS L

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
atxfrk
Answers: 0

[HELP] Mecool M8S PLUS L - Stuck on Logo!

Hello, I tried installing the v2F as well as v2FF version on my M8S PLUS L box using the USB burn tool. The flahing completed successfully however when I boot the device it just keeps showing the "atvxperprience" boot logo and never goes past that.

If you can, please help me solve this problem. I've been pulling out my hair for 48 hours now!
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

atxfrk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:52 pm Hello, I tried installing the v2F as well as v2FF version on my M8S PLUS L box using the USB burn tool. The flahing completed successfully however when I boot the device it just keeps showing the "atvxperprience" boot logo and never goes past that.

If you can, please help me solve this problem. I've been pulling out my hair for 48 hours now!
Hi,
1. Start TWRP/Recovery.
2. Format the "DATA“ partition in EXT4.
3. Reboot
atxfrk

Hi, thanks for your time. My box has no recovery(?), if i keep holding the button inside AV port, it shows nothing and stays blank. However it does connect to USB burning tool if attach cable to PC.
bumerc

atxfrk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:39 pm Hi, thanks for your time. My box has no recovery(?), if i keep holding the button inside AV port, it shows nothing and stays blank. However it does connect to USB burning tool if attach cable to PC.
That's not so good, but doable. You have 2 options
1. Installation via UART interface.
2. Install CoreElec/LibreElec on SDcard/USB stick and format the data partition in CE/LE terminal. Choose an option and we'll move on.
atxfrk

bumerc wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:39 pm
atxfrk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:39 pm Hi, thanks for your time. My box has no recovery(?), if i keep holding the button inside AV port, it shows nothing and stays blank. However it does connect to USB burning tool if attach cable to PC.
That's not so good, but doable. You have 2 options
1. Installation via UART interface.
2. Install CoreElec/LibreElec on SDcard/USB stick and format the data partition in CE/LE terminal. Choose an option and we'll move on.
So What I did in the meantime is that I installed the stock firmware using USB tool and the box booted up. I then downloaded the twrp from some youtube tutorial link and flashed it using the Rashr app. However it doesnt boot it. I can't seem to find TWRP for this device, the only option was to flash the one made for Sunvell T95Z box. What steps should I take now?
bumerc

First install CoreElec on the SD card or USB stick and try to start it
atxfrk

Alright so, I've managed to recompile the TWRP for my particular box, and now it works fine! I suppose this what we were trying to do through CoreElec so we can skip that step, right? Now what? Reflash the zip?
bumerc

atxfrk wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:27 pm Alright so, I've managed to recompile the TWRP for my particular box, and now it works fine! I suppose this what we were trying to do through CoreElec so we can skip that step, right? ...
yes
... Now what? Reflash the zip?
no, just format the DATA Partition in EXT4
bigpanda77

atxfrk wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:27 pm Alright so, I've managed to recompile the TWRP for my particular box, and now it works fine! I suppose this what we were trying to do through CoreElec so we can skip that step, right? Now what? Reflash the zip?
Hi atxfrk,

I have also the same box and would like to know if you can send us a link to your TWRP compiled for the Mecool M8S Plus L ?

Thanks a lot
ricklar

bigpanda77 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:49 pm
atxfrk wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:27 pm Alright so, I've managed to recompile the TWRP for my particular box, and now it works fine! I suppose this what we were trying to do through CoreElec so we can skip that step, right? Now what? Reflash the zip?
Hi atxfrk,

I have also the same box and would like to know if you can send us a link to your TWRP compiled for the Mecool M8S Plus L ?

Thanks a lot
Did you ever find a TWRP.img ?

If you have a stock firmware installed and have a system app that is an Update apk installed that allows to apply Update firmware through stored memory you can install twrp.zip through the Update app, usually found in settings or about device. Device will Flash and reboot to TWRP recovery.

~(Optional) While in TWRP recovery, go ahead and make full stock system recovery img just in case you ever need to go back to stock. Transfer to external drive, SDcard or USB.

~Reboot system, then install TWRP app from Google store

~then in the app make Backup of Recovery, move to or save to an external memory SDcard or USB, that will be a working basic stand alone TWRP recovery img that can be ported to other M8S Plus L devices and be used with stock firmware or custom firmwares like AtvX.

Find flashable TWRP.zip at:
http://apps.atvxperience.com/
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!