Bricked X96 Mini after installing V2FF

TX3 Mini, X96 Mini, W95 to name a few...
JuLo
Answers: 0

Hi,

My X96 mini box has been running v2B for a while without major issues.
Today I tried to install V2FF using the SD Card method as described on the website.

The update started, then I got a red cross and it stopped.
I unplugged everything, to try and start again, but the device now appears to be bricked with only the red light on and no signal on TV.
I've been trying to use USB Burning Tool to recover it, but my computer doesn't seem to detect it.
Which USB port is the OTG one on the X96 mini?

Also, there are mentions of shorting pins to unbrick devices, but I can't figure out which on this particular model.
I've read this https://blog.danman.eu/bricking-and-unb ... -x96-mini/, but the issue here seemed different as the box was in a bootloop, when mine is completely bricked. (I also don't really understand what grounding the pin described in this webpage means).

I have really bricked my X96 mini?
Is there anyone out there who can provide me with clear instructions on what I could try.

Thanks in advance.

JuLo
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

USB Burning Tool can save it don't worry, it happens every other day with me.
Open burning tool, import image, click start.
Then connect usb to pc, Insert power cable to x96 mini and quickly insert the other end of usb in x96 mini, it will start flashing
If it doesnt, make sure you have v2.0.8 of usb burning tools, have world cup drivers installed, also, try unchecking erase bootloader option.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
em3ka

Which USB port is the OTG one on the X96 mini?
- look at the picture

- properly short pins, windows should (detect the box) give you notification sound
Take a wire. With one end, touch the HDMI connector shield for example and with the other end touch the marked pin.
You have to use USB 2.0 A-A male to male cable & USB Burning Tool to recover it, follow this procedure Image
zachxa

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I'm getting a male-male usb cable tomorrow and I need to know a couple of things:
Why did it happen?
Which .img should I select in order tu unbrick it? The same ATVxperience file or another specific for my box? (x96 mini 1/8).
Thanks in advance guys.
em3ka wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 am Which USB port is the OTG one on the X96 mini?
- look at the picture

- properly short pins, windows should (detect the box) give you notification sound
Take a wire. With one end, touch the HDMI connector shield for example and with the other end touch the marked pin.
You have to use USB 2.0 A-A male to male cable & USB Burning Tool to recover it, follow this procedure Image
Nayam wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:00 am USB Burning Tool can save it don't worry, it happens every other day with me.
Open burning tool, import image, click start.
Then connect usb to pc, Insert power cable to x96 mini and quickly insert the other end of usb in x96 mini, it will start flashing
If it doesnt, make sure you have v2.0.8 of usb burning tools, have world cup drivers installed, also, try unchecking erase bootloader option.
em3ka

[mention]zachxa[/mention]
Hello, unknown glitches when transferring data can always happen, therefore flashing via usb cable is recommended.
It doesn't matter, but in this case i would first flash stock .img to be sure that everything is working well and then again try the atvX fw.
zachxa

em3ka wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:03 pm @zachxa
Hello, unknown glitches when transferring data can always happen, therefore flashing via usb cable is recommended.
It doesn't matter, but in this case i would first flash stock .img to be sure that everything is working well and then again try the atvX fw.
Thanks, I did it as you said and now I have AndroidTV on my x96 mini.
One last question, can I use a generic USB gamepad on retroarch with this rom? I plugged mine but it does nothing, does it need to be configured or simply it's not supported?

Thanks a lot!
em3ka

If you are on a v2FF version, bluetooth is not working on some boxes, try previous v2F fw.
Nayam wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:08 pm I'm going to write a guide to fix small issues like Bluetooth and WiFi soon, you could read that.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=307
zachxa

em3ka wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:34 am If you are on a v2FF version, bluetooth is not working on some boxes, try previous v2F fw.
Nayam wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:08 pm I'm going to write a guide to fix small issues like Bluetooth and WiFi soon, you could read that.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=307
My box doesn't have Bluetooth, I want to use an USB gamepad but it's not detected. Thank you anyway!! Amazing job with the rom, ATV looks way better than stock rom
RokSiEu

em3ka wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:34 am If you are on a v2FF version, bluetooth is not working on some boxes, try previous v2F fw.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=307
Any news on that? I have atv installed but without wifi is useless.
em3ka

[mention]zachxa[/mention]
sorry I overlooked, about wired gamepad controllers ⬇
Nayam wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 pm Wired gamepad requires drivers. Did the gamepad work on your stock rom earlier?