Z69 2G - Installation issues

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
arcanaXknight
Verified Member
Answers: 0

Hi everyone,

First of all i will talk about my tv box, it's a Z69 2G/16G, stock firmware android 6.0

I tried to flash your rom in S905X section (FF 2G and even F) on my box and it doesn't work.

I tried the burning tool method as shown in the video.
With burning tool it stuck at 2% with DDR error :

0x10105004 : RomCode/Initialize DDR

My cable is ok, because i used it to unbrick my box with stock firmware.

Does anyone have the same issue ? and how to solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if my english isn't realy good but i'm french.

ArcanaXknight
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

arcanaXknight wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:27 am ...
With burning tool it stuck at 2% with DDR error :

0x10105004 : RomCode/Initialize DDR

Does anyone have the same issue ? and how to solve it ?
Hi,
the init crash at 2% indicates 99% of the incompatibility of the bootloader with the used RAM memory type.
Open the case and check the RAM memory type. If possible, please create the bootlog with a working (original) bootloader.
arcanaXknight
Verified Member

Ok, i will try this,

for now my tv box isn't see by burning tool and is bricked...

When i plugged it on the pc nothing happend and burning tool works well yesterday but not today...

maybe try another cable in the first place.

If my box is bricked does burning tool should see it anyway with a good cable ?
bumerc

arcanaXknight wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:56 pm ...
maybe try another cable in the first place.

If my box is bricked does burning tool should see it anyway with a good cable ?
No, the new cable will not help you. You have now installed a wrong BL2 (preloader) and thus created the boot loop. Please make double-sided photos of the board, if possible in good Quality.
arcanaXknight
Verified Member

bumerc wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:24 pm No, the new cable will not help you. You have now installed a wrong BL2 (preloader) and thus created the boot loop. Please make double-sided photos of the board, if possible in good Quality.
I was worried that you will say something like that...

So i began to search and found something on freaktab, only a post of a man who have the same box and the same problem :

"Recently i took in my hands this tv box with this board (See picture) from a friend who bricked it !
There was no responting from pc and it was ''working'' only a blue/red led !
I finally unbricked it with ''short pin'' of 8 & 9 and with this Z69-2017516 firmware !"
image_25280.jpg
My problem is exactly the same, i know my stock firmware is the Z69-2017516 and i have it.

I found later on the topic another picture (other side of the box) with the mention of pin 8 & 9.
They said "contact them, Short with a needle, and connect to PC. The pc must see your box. When flashing is starting - remove needle"
image_26873.jpg
I will open my box this evening to be sure i have the same board as the images. But if i have it, does this solution look good for you ?

I asked in freaktab , but i posted here too because you tried to help me so thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bumerc

Hi,
in the case of a bootloop, shorting the pins is the only solution. Clearly I can not recognize the chip labeling in this photo. With high probability, it's an Elpida EDF8132A1MC-GD-F-D LPDDR3 SDRAM chip, clk. Rate 800Mhz, Data Rate 1600Mb/s/pin.

Elpida was acquired by Micron in 2012. There is no LPDDR memory support for gxl_p212 (S905X) devices. This requires a new bootloader as well as a separate atvX_ * img version. I already patched the bootloader yesterday. Are you ready for testing? :)
arcanaXknight
Verified Member

bumerc wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:58 am Hi,
in the case of a bootloop, shorting the pins is the only solution. Clearly I can not recognize the chip labeling in this photo. With high probability, it's an Elpida EDF8132A1MC-GD-F-D LPDDR3 SDRAM chip, clk. Rate 800Mhz, Data Rate 1600Mb/s/pin.

Elpida was acquired by Micron in 2012. There is no LPDDR memory support for gxl_p212 (S905X) devices. This requires a new bootloader as well as a separate atvX_ * img version. I already patched the bootloader yesterday. Are you ready for testing? :)
I will try to unbrick my box after work with the given method.
If i succes to reinstall the stock firmware it will be a great pleasure to test for you if it could help the community.
arcanaXknight
Verified Member

Alright, back on the line,

The pin method works and my tv box is alive :-).

I successfully flashed the stock firmware on it.

I have the exact same board as the picture before but for the chip, this isn't the elpida you think. You'll find detailed picture in the bottom.

If you want me to do some testing it will be with pleasure.

Thanks for the help.

ArcanaXknight
IMG_20181025_164811.jpg
chip1.png
chip2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bumerc

arcanaXknight wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:10 pm Alright, back on the line,

The pin method works and my tv box is alive :-).

I successfully flashed the stock firmware on it.

I have the exact same board as the picture before but for the chip, this isn't the elpida you think. You'll find detailed picture in the bottom.

If you want me to do some testing it will be with pleasure.

Thanks for the help.
It's 100% an Elpida FA232A2MA-GD-F, revision 2. ;) look here (Remember, Micron bought up Elpida.) Which installation method would you prefer, Burning Tool or SDcard with SDcard Maker?
arcanaXknight
Verified Member

bumerc wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:05 pm It's 100% an Elpida FA232A2MA-GD-F, revision 2. ;) look here (Remember, Micron bought up Elpida.) Which installation method would you prefer, Burning Tool or SDcard with SDcard Maker?
Since i used burning tool several times to flash my stock firmware in the last days i think this is a good way to go.