[ROM] atvX 4.0 Ported for S905x2

New and faster chipset from Amlogic
Acidice
Administrator & Developer
Answers: 0

This ROM is a port of atvX 4.0 for the S905x2.
Based on the u211 board.
To see which board you have, install terminal emulator and run this command: cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
Please make sure you do not flash this to a u214 based s905x2 board - you will brick your device.

Tested on H96Max x2 4/64GB device

What's working?
Wi-Fi
Air mouse
Netflix
YouTube
Auto Frame-Rate
All Google TV Apps
Almost everything that doesn't need Widevine L1

Attention:
This ROM is a port, I don't force you to use this ROM. It's stable and can be used as a daily driver.
The atvX team holds no responsibility if you brick or break your device.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Flash using USB Burning Tool. Make sure to extract license.zip to your license folder of your Amlogic install folder.
Rom available at: https://mega.nz/folder/lnw1WarI#njYbrag-kdMMPtJZDCX0Fg

Ported by:
AcidIce
Parsival
Verified Member

I have run into a couple of challenges with this firmware. I am running a X96 Max 4/32 that was previously using the XTMod ATV Rom. First challenge is that I cannot using my phone or tablet to set up. When this option is selected the screen flashes the google steps to use but quickly kicks you back to the start at language selection.

Trying to go things the long way it seems that my wired ethernet is not recognized.

I also noticed that the boxes front display is blank.
Acidice
Administrator & Developer

Parsival wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:17 am I have run into a couple of challenges with this firmware. I am running a X96 Max 4/32 that was previously using the XTMod ATV Rom. First challenge is that I cannot using my phone or tablet to set up. When this option is selected the screen flashes the google steps to use but quickly kicks you back to the start at language selection.

Trying to go things the long way it seems that my wired ethernet is not recognized.

The X96Max is a tricky box to get working. I myself have a X96 Max Plus 2 (s905x3) box and had to do some pretty weird things to get the box just to recognize this firmware and get it to flash and even though the front display isn't working on my X96 Max Plus 2 box, the firmware is a lot more stable and functional than the firmware it came with.
I unfortunately do not have a X96Max (s905x2) box to test this ROM on and try to fix the LAN for you (which I see on the XTMod ATV Rom was also a issue on this particular box, but was fixed).
Parsival
Verified Member

I have no issue doing the testing as I have 2 of these boxes as well as 2 of the A95x Max boxes.

I have up until this rom had great success with the x96Max with the custom roms. I have only had challenges with this one for the functionality noted above.
Parsival
Verified Member

I am wondering if/when the Google Sabrina Rom becomes available if that will help... They are using the S905X2 for their device as well.
thevdoguy

Parsival wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:17 am I have run into a couple of challenges with this firmware. I am running a X96 Max 4/32 that was previously using the XTMod ATV Rom. First challenge is that I cannot using my phone or tablet to set up. When this option is selected the screen flashes the google steps to use but quickly kicks you back to the start at language selection.

I am having the same issues as Parsival. Also WiFi is not recognizing any networks. So I can't get past the network page. I don't see a skip to move forward of setup.
[mention]Parsival[/mention] did you fix your issue?

By the way I am using Tanix TX5 Max
thevdoguy

Update,

I noticed that when device goes into screensaver mode, the ethernet shows connection. But, I still can't get past the network setup. WiFi does not show any networks. I put my network in manually and it still won't connect. How to skip network setup?
maco--

H96 Max X2
surfshark VPN not working
NordVPN NOT WORKING
I hope they fix that problem, with the connection with the VPN
Parsival
Verified Member

No I have not fixed my issue. I have tried a different rom in the mean time only to find out it installed twrp as well so I can no longer flash one of my boxes with the AMLogic tool until I can get my hands on a recovery image... If onyone has one handy I would appreciate it... I have a X96 Max 4/32 box.
ricklar

thevdoguy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:32 pm Update,

I noticed that when device goes into screensaver mode, the ethernet shows connection. But, I still can't get past the network setup. WiFi does not show any networks. I put my network in manually and it still won't connect. How to skip network setup?
When you get to "WiFi" screen scroll to bottom of list and hit "Right" key 5 to 10 times the "Skip" should pop-up... don't have this box to try that ROM.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!