[DISCUSSION] Google TV (Android 10)

Discuss about life, love, interests and modding here!
IoriYagami2001
Verified Member
Answers: 0

All apps are from SDK 29. Fifth and last package of OS Android 10 TV apps. includes the new version of "Android TV Settings". "System UI" is here too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IoriYagami2001
Verified Member

All apks are from SDK 29. Chromecast app package. experiment with these apps if you know that you will damage your computer, do not include them in your own rom until you see clear results, "Chromecast Buit In" must be installed obviously, remember: install at your risk. "Setup Wizard" is here because it requires these apps and Google Home, use the ATV9 version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IoriYagami2001
Verified Member

All apks are universal. Google app package, install as system apps. Games and Movies will not appear in the launcher.
IoriYagami2001
Verified Member

All apks with SDK 29. Google TV app package. includes the launcher, the profile and infrared services are here.
IoriYagami2001
Verified Member

These are all apks. I divided them into Android TV 10 OS, Chromecast (WARNING), Google Apps and Google TV Services. It was a job to qualify but it's already here, let's be happy. Arigato.
IoriYagami2001
Verified Member

Why have Google TV?
1. Use Android TV OS 10. (Newest in software)
2. New design and functions.
3. Google TV is popular, plus it has the advantages of incorporating third-party streaming services.
4. Google Play Movies is now Google TV on its Android version. It will also die on Roku devices and LG and Samsung televisions. Google Play Movies will still live on Android TV (without this app the movies and series purchased on Google TV would not be played)
5. We are not going to buy the "Chromecast with Google TV", if there were a rom with the Android TV OS with Google TV, we would still have our TV Box alive.

Viva México, viva atvXperience, vivan las Custom ROM.
Long live Mexico, long live atvXperience, long live Custom ROMs.
IoriYagami2001
Verified Member

built-in chromecast included in "Chromecast with Google TV", they fooled us. Hee hee. These two apps are part of the Chromecast bundle (the apps you shouldn't install unless you experiment with them).
Last edited by IoriYagami2001 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

@IoriYagami2001

Please compress all files you have posted into an archive and post a single download link instead. No double posts..
thx
IoriYagami2001
Verified Member

Ok, so I will, if you want, delete the previous messages.
IoriYagami2001
Verified Member

Interested in a Google TV ROM? (This is for anyone, who knows how to cook a Custom ROM). Google TV is powered by Android 10 TV OS, and being a customization layer you will need all the apks it requires to work. To start you must work on an Android Box that you do not use, you must carry Android 10, start first with AOSP, you must have ROOT access or access the ROM code and install the apks that are from Android TV 10 OS, the other apks you will have to eliminate to be left with only those of the frame required for ATV. Now what are the apk's?
1 - Google TV Home: The famous Google TV launcher, if you tell me that this is not beautiful then I present to you a Japanese who gives you a lot of love😆. (I hope the translator doesn't say anything else, Mexican Spanish is translated very badly on Google)
2 - App "Android System", this app is part of the system, it is a part of the manufacturer's customization layer (in this case Google). If you want to make your Google TV ROM like a real one, this app is necessary. This means changing the one that your Android 10 ROM (AOSP or TV) already has for this already personalized one.
3 - App "System UI". This other app is the part of Google TV customization. It is the User Interface, be careful when you install it.
4 - ATV settings Who does not know the ATV Settings menu? Well, Google improved it in design, now using the entire screen. So you have full Google TV.
5 - TV profile service. You must install it, surely it works for Google TV profiles.

For now it is all, but the more I investigate the more I will inform you.