[INSTALL] Common USB Burning Tool Errors and Fixes

Post your great articles here :)
Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Answers: 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaHwF5BQhVw

So, having problems with usb burning tool?
Well, here's how you do it. Don't forget to reply to this topic if you want to add anything.
1. Don't forget to plug in power cable if you get lowper error.

2. If your device isn't getting detected, even after pushing the reset button, try shorting nand pins. You can find a video tutorial on mxq project YouTube channel.

3. DDR Error? Tried using different ddr version atvX? DDR3, DDR4, LPDDR to name a few.

4. Flashed but not working? Try flashing again, or a different image. Still getting a black screen?
a) If you see the bootlogo but not the UI after booting, try atvx on a 1080p tv.
b) If you don't see anything at all, the device is incompatible, Sorry😅

5. 7% Uboot error? Try another image or version. Chances are, your box uses a modded uboot which doesn't accept other original uboot partitions. Fix? Point 6.

6. 2GB/3GB RAM but after flashing it's 1GB/2GB? You've got a fake box. Your uboot was modified to read wrong dtb header to show more RAM than the actual physical one(maybe). The only way to fix(fake your ram) this is unpacking atvx and your stock rom to level 1 with Ricky's customization tool and replacing your stock's system, boot, recovery and bootloader partitions with atvx's and re-packing.
Contribute more points by commenting below :D
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
hugodias

is there a way of burning to usb flash drive? I can get box in recovery mode but pc doesn't recognise it even after trying all options. if I can get the firmware update in a usb flash drive in the right format I can update directly
ricklar

Update

If having problems with Amlogic USB Burning Tool try using the latest version 2.1.7 — This is the most recent version I have come across and it will be needed for the new Amlogic SoC S905x2 TV boxes.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!5ZExnYKD!6Y-fz1MARAF8 ... xh4-k69vb8
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
WebofThrones
Verified Member

Hi there how do you unpack the firmware you mentioned in point 6 : The only way to fix(fake your ram) this is unpacking atvx and your stock rom to level 1 with Ricky's customization tool and replacing your stock's system, boot, recovery and bootloader partitions with atvx's and re-packing.

As im stuck with error 5, UBOOT
ricklar

WebofThrones wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 am Hi there how do you unpack the firmware you mentioned in point 6 : The only way to fix(fake your ram) this is unpacking atvx and your stock rom to level 1 with Ricky's customization tool and replacing your stock's system, boot, recovery and bootloader partitions with atvx's and re-packing.

As im stuck with error 5, UBOOT
Read some of the other tutorials as well. Check this one for more info on Bootloader/UBOOT =
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=799
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
OpJbud

Hey fellas I hope its ok to ask questions or to seek help here. I relatively new to the scene at least posting anything i been following along for a little over a year tho. So thank you for all the tools and firmware and knowledge you give I have learned a great deal from you. I have an issue with this usb burning tool i have been searching for the answer but cant find or i just don't understand. I keep getting error [22:32:06 879][HUB2-2][Err]--[0x10102002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Initialize PLL/USB Control setup error. The box im on is beelink GT1 mini witch i just got and i was trying to install twrp is was successful took a backup before i was going to install ATVX's rom but the dang thing wouldn't reboot cant even force it into recovery just gets stuck on boot nothing but the beelink emblem. So i figured just flash the new rom well i continue to get that error i've tried different ddr different ports uninstalling and reinstalling usb burn tool i've always had to fidget with the tool but eventual it would work but i cant figure this dang thing out. If you have any ideas please i welcome all of them. So frustrated after waiting forever to receive my new box i cant even use it. And i'm sorry if im in the wrong place for what i'm asking if so just point me in the right direction and my apologies. And thanks again for all that you guys do it it is greatly appreciated.
em3ka

Amlogic Burning Tool v 2.1.7.1 available for download here.
em3ka

Amlogic Burning Tool v 2.1.7.3 download.
Praveen99

Hello, I'm having a Tanix Tx3 max and I've tried to install atv. But the flash process stucked at 7%. But after few tries the process was done. But there's nothing showing up on the tv , just black screen. I tried to flash the stock firmware but the process again stucked at 7% diskinitial error. I've tried several roms for tx3 max. But still couldn't get passed. I even tried all the versions for usb burning tool. Am I missing something?
didux
Expert Member

Amlogic Burning Tool 2.2.0 released:

http://freaktab.org/1c2fafe1b04309f4
I've sold my box and will never buy this crap again! :grin: