[Discussion] H96 Pro+ ~Pros, cons, and tips

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
dankell
Verified Member
Answers: 0

ricklar wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:41 am
popers wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:11 pm In my H96Pro + after some time whole internal memory is full (32GB) I have to restart the box otherwise the applications will turn off automatically.
I noticed this problem in my box as well. Only noticed when I was tweaking ram/dalvik.vm settings that eventually bricked my box. Back up and running now.

1) The CleanX pre-installed system app is clone of horrible CM cleaner. Advise uninstall and install a good cleaner app. My Test: Used the CleanX then immediately open and run SD Maid Pro for comparison and SD Maid cleans a further 400mb after first running the CleanX. CMcleaner apps are total shit, eliminate from your rom.

2) Edit build.prop system file to disable Loggers add code:

# Disable Logers
profiler.force_disable_err_rpt=1
profiler.force_disable_ulog=1
logcat.live=disable

3) Check file locations for excessive build-up of Log files:

/data/system/dropbox

4) Settings>Developer Options:

Turn OFF < Logger buffer sizes >

~Hope that helps~
Hi ...Just a quick question regarding the 2) Disable Logers option, Do I just copy the text below to the build.prop.? Do I copy this anywhere within that text field ? or at a certain position? I am referring to the text below.

# Disable Logers
profiler.force_disable_err_rpt=1
profiler.force_disable_ulog=1
logcat.live=disable

One more thing ...Please...is the spelling correct ( Logers ) or should it be # Disable Loggers

Thanks for your time and help.

Best Regards,
ricklar

Yes, just copy the text into the bottom of the build.prop. Go to last line and last character and hit enter, then type it in while in a Root explorer or FileManager. Recommend Total Commander apk and make sure both the last 2 settings inside the app are both on for root settings. Make sure after editing that the file keeps its original Permissions of RW- R- R- or (chmod 644).
One more thing ...Please...is the spelling correct ( Logers ) or should it be # Disable Loggers
Spelling is incorrect. Type "Disable Loggers" when you insert it. But really that is just an annotation to describe what the next inputs will do.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
ricklar

[mention]dankell[/mention] just uploaded the last edit I did to my build.prop ~ see and read the original thread and look at the attachment:
viewtopic.php?p=3348#p3348

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
dankell
Verified Member

ricklar wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:33 pmricklar
Thanks again Mate!............ You come to my rescue again...Thanks.
I will have a good read of the thread you linked....Cheers .

Best Regards,
dankell
Verified Member

So I done a full fresh install of the H2 ROM on the H96 PRO+
Reasons where , I remember seeing a thread @ricklar posted mentioning that the SU zip was only able to flash on a clean ROM install (Not dirty) So with that been said..
I installed a clean Stock.img then atvXperience_S912_LPDDR3_V2H.img and flashed the SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip via TWRP and it all installed without a hitch. :grin:
I then installed all the latest recommended tweaks (more setting, RC fix etc) and used your latest init.d (July) and Build.prop tweaks, Then went about installing all the apps and updating the play services etc, it`s all now backed up ready to go, but before I let this go....is there anything I may have missed ? Not sure so I am asking.
One question I would like to ask is.... is installing the SU zip this way more beneficial ? I presume so, but How ? Not sure if it`s relevant but the image fails with the safetynet root detection with Root Checker Pro-v3.3.0_build_2500.apk , is there something I need to do or address to remedy this fail and if so, what ? please explain as I really am unsure what this Safetynet root detection feature is all about.
Thanks @ricklar for all your time and help..Mate! Really appreciate all your support.

Best Regards,
ricklar

dankell wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:42 pm but before I let this go....is there anything I may have missed ? Not sure so I am asking.
One question I would like to ask is.... is installing the SU zip this way more beneficial ? I presume so, but How ?
Flashing with the SuperSU.Zip is the correct way to have SU installed, it patches the Ram Disk(boot.img) to make SU run through its own mounted Partition, which is the proper way to have SU mounted since Android 6 release; check Root " / " and you will find /su as it's own partition inside Root; this is also known as Systemless-Root, sort of like what Magisk does, except their way is the even more modern way of Systemless-Root via mounting SU in the Data partition.
Not sure if it`s relevant but the image fails with the safetynet root detection with Root Checker Pro-v3.3.0_build_2500.apk , is there something I need to do or address to remedy this fail and if so, what ? please explain as I really am unsure what this Safetynet root detection feature is all about.
SafetyNet like the article I linked below states, is an extra layer of security measures via an API that app developers can build into their apps to trigger Apps from not working for people that use a modified version of Android, ie. Rooted devices, which can be a problem when you won’t be able to use certain apps that implement the checks.

Quick simple fix is to Spoof your device Fingerprint with a known Certified device, usually a Google Nexus phone that released with same Android version that runs in your ROM, and when it was originally released it was not Rooted; I previously have use the 'Nexus 6' and the 'Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge' to pass SafetyNet with Android 7 ROMs.

Fingerprint is found in build.prop :

Code: Select all

# Nexus 6 #
ro.build.fingerprint=google/shamu/shamu:7.1.1/N6F27M/4299435:user/release-keys

or

ro.build.fingerprint=NVIDIA/foster_e_hdd/foster:7.0/NRD90M/1915764_910.7870:user/release-keys

Included the NvidiaShield fingerprint because that may or may not help with Netflix and Amazon Prime, saw a custom firmware implementing the Shield fingerprint but that device also had unofficial WIdevine L1 hack.

Article about SafetyNet:
https://www.nowsecure.com/blog/2017/08/ ... ation-api/

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
dankell
Verified Member

@ricklar Very informative indeed Sir and thank you for clearing up my concerns... Looks like I really don`t have to concern myself too much either way after reading that linked article.
I will however try the included Fingerprint build.prop tweak just as an experimental procedure :grinning:
I am unsure , But I suspect I remove the (ro.build.fingerprint ) text line from the main OS build.prop and insert the new text line below and reboot?
ro.build.fingerprint=NVIDIA/foster_e_hdd/foster:7.0/NRD90M/1915764_910.7870:user/release-keys

Thanks again Mate! for all your expertise and support.......Again I really can`t thank you enough Sir.

Best Regards,
ricklar

dankell wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:19 am I will however try the included Fingerprint build.prop tweak just as an experimental procedure :grinning:
I am unsure , But I suspect I remove the (ro.build.fingerprint ) text line from the main OS build.prop and insert the new text line below and reboot?
Just comment Out {#} the original line and insert the new line directly under it.

- Example using Nexus6 fingerprint with # to comment out the line :

Code: Select all

# ro.build.fingerprint=google/shamu/shamu:7.1.1/N6F27M/4299435:user/release-keys
A line starting with a # will not be read by the system when it gets executed during boot, the system knows to read the next line because of the line termination (enter/return key transitioning to next line) so is no worry to leave the original in place if Commented Out. And remember to double check you don't lose the file permissions [RW- R-- R--] always after editing build.prop.

Cheers,

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
dankell
Verified Member

Cheers again Mate! You making my life easy with your detailed tutorials.[mention]ricklar[/mention] :+1:

Best Regards,
Davicom
Verified Member

Hi all, i'm owner h96 pro +, black motherboard. 3g16g lldpdd3.
I tried v2ff that has good graphical. But so many apps crashes. So I'm trying to install v2h, we hope. In meantime i ask: there is a way to set properly auto framerate on content that requires 50Hz? With V2ff I obtained ever erroneus 25Hz and unwatchable contents.