【QUESTION】How to change default launcher?

Discuss about life, love, interests and modding here!
justin10
Verified Member
Answers: 0

I've downloaded another default launcher from other chinese tv box, how do i replace the APK to replace the default one (Android TV Launcher, or leanback launcher) without asking which one to set as default.
ATV.png
I've tried replace LeanbackLauncher.apk in 'system\priv-app\LeanbackLauncher' after unpack the ATV rom. But in result it will only install the app, but won't set it as default launcher.

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
justin10
Verified Member

Hi all,
i've unpacked the ATV 9 rom, the rom is using default Android TV Home as launcher + Leanback launcher, i tried to replace Leanback launcher with success. But how do i make it as THE DEFAULT main launcher when i first time boot up? so it will not ask me which launcher to set, and won't exit back to Android TV Home when "Home" button is pressed.

I replaced the leanback launcher.apk in system/pre-install folder, which will install. However, this will not set my launcher as default one.
I see there is a folder named "priv-app\TVLauncher" with base.apk and some other files, the APK with below properties:
android.intent.action.MAIN
android.intent.category.DEFAULT
android.intent.category.HOME
I assume this is the default Android TV Home launcher? but i not sure why it has some other 'dm' and 'lib', 'oat' folders.
Is it even possible to not using Android TV Home launcher? since i've see someone already proted Google TV Launcher.apk, but it still require to have get into system to replace the default one.

Did some search about changing default launcher, but seems i need to unpack more to find these files.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/229 ... aosp-build

Please suggest. I've post a similar post viewtopic.php?t=5711, but i guess this S905W is the place for questions..
em3ka

What's the point using androidTV OS, if you want to change the launcher ? :-.
justin10
Verified Member

em3ka wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:01 am What's the point using androidTV OS, if you want to change the launcher ? :-.
Maybe i understood AndroidTV wron?, sounds like i have other options to choose if i want to have an android TV box.
i just wanted try different kinds of launcher on my TV box.

Anyway, i managed to mess around with it with success, but i think there are still more things i like to config... since google service is kinda usless for me with APP market like aptoide tv, and i stream with some other APKs without google serivces.
So my ultimate goal is to remove google service and keep the necessary ones, so maybe system can even run faster?