TX3 Mini 8723 20181226 - New version

TX3 Mini, X96 Mini, W95 to name a few...
martis
Answers: 0

So the short pins shown are for the v1.3 box made in december of 18. My box is v1.3 made in october of 18. There are small differences in the build. Some of the orange locations shown in post 81 arent possible pin locations on the october build. I uploaded pictures of my box on post 90. Im not the best at this technical side of boxes but ive programmed 100's of them. Just to clarify that I am doing things correctly id like to share what i have tried.

I uninstalled earlier versions of UBT and installed version 2.1.7.3 which i believe is the newest version in which post 92 by mofo said should pick up without the short pinning.
I have the usb to usb plugged into the back port of the box.
I load the firmware from this thread labeled TX3Mini-20181210 into UBT and push start.
I then plug my box into the computer.
Now from here ive tried many different things. All the pin locations shown in the post i use a piece of wire to connect Ive also tried holding the reset button down before and after connecting. Ive also tried plugging the box in while shorting and still nothing connects.

Can anyone help??????

Also on a topic close to this one is i have an older tx3 box 2/16 specs and how do i know which is the proper custom atv firmware to use on it????
em3ka

martis wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 pm ...Some of the orange locations shown in post 81 arent possible pin locations on the october build. I uploaded pictures of my box on post 90....
Did you READ post #91, i gave you an answer there.

martis wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 pm ...i have an older tx3 box 2/16 specs and how do i know which is the proper custom atv firmware to use on it?
Any regular atvX FW, v2FF or (optional) v2H, both versions for S905W cpu.
martis

em3ka wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:35 pm
martis wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 pm ...Some of the orange locations shown in post 81 arent possible pin locations on the october build. I uploaded pictures of my box on post 90....
Did you READ post #91, i gave you an answer there.

Yes absolutely I read the entirety of this thread about 10 times. I followed the directions in post 30 exactly even plugging the box in as directed even though to my belief and research that the power shouldn't matter unless u get an error. Like I said my box made in Oct of 18 rather than December there are some slight variations. The short pins located in that post are on my box but didnt work I tried the orange pairs in another post of this thread and they didnt work or some of them just werent there on my box.

Is there somewhere that explains the differences in the firmware or in your opinion which one is best or is there one that supports usb joysticks?

TYVM for your help
em3ka

martis wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:13 pm ...there one that supports usb joysticks?
Both versions have (XBox and PS4, others ?) gamepad drivers added.
martis

Thank you everyone especially em3ka. I figured out what the issue was. I had tried this on 2 different laptops with no success I said I might as well try something else so I hooked the box up to my cryptocurrency miner and it worked with out an issue.
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :blush: :blush: :grinning: :grinning: :grin: :grin: :grin:
martis

apollo pepazdepa
Im not a programmer or developer, but after reading through this thread 100 times for a bunch of different reasons I was able to make a 2ff version of this rom working on my 1.3 board. The erase bootloader trick did not work for me.

https://mega.nz/file/QWRCyK4L#R6E2i0s9X ... TpMWleOHGs

I have a few questions if anyone can help.
ricklar
My mouse doesnt work on the onscreen keyboard. I was thinking should i just install the aosp keyboard to get my mouse to work? It moves around fine and works on most thing except the alpha numeric keyboard that comes pre installed. It doesnt work on any custom rom. Poison atv etc

I unpack the rom and i see the app installer in the system folder but how come it doesnt install?? Along with other apps.
Ive tried to install apps on the rom in the apps folder, preinstall folder, priv apps folder but no app installs ever. What am i doing wrong? Ive watched ricky's video tutorial many times he just puts them in the folder and it works.
In rickys tutorial for his tool to change the boot animation to a video he changes the 0 to a 1 for the bootvideo in the build.prop then places the mp4 in the etc folder and changes it to bootvideo but in the video he just makes a new file and calls it that. While when i place the file in there no matter what i do the mp4 extension stays.

If a rom doesnt recognize the usb i place into the box what can i do so it sees it? Dongles work but any stick with anything on it doesnt show.

Also the file which is suppose to be a file explorer always shows nothing. I have to install es or some other explorer.

Besides atv and freaktab where are some places i can learn more about making roms?

Im probably going to do the oreo image and a few other roms for the 1.3 board if anyone has any interest...
Ivanovish

Mqiasi wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:21 pmfor
i need this file
kliktoni

em3ka wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:03 am
pepazdepa wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:43 am Do you mind to point me exactly on link for 2ff image for 1.3?
.img - atvXperience_S905W_V2H_FINAL_TX3_NEW_REVISION.7z
OTA .zip - AtvX_Tx3_mini_nR.zip (flash trough Update & Backup app)

modEDIT: sorry, these are v2H images for rev 1.3 TX3 mini ⬆
my tanix tx3 mini with code CS_905W_TX_3D_V1.3 20181029 is brick only red light in audio optic port, i try to flash with fw atvXperience_S905W_V2H_FINAL_TX3_NEW_REVISION.img, but alway stop in 98% process and with error message [0x30403003]UBOOT/Partition bootloader/Download buffer/Data tranfer error, do you know how to solving this error?
em3ka

kliktoni wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:55 am ...do you know how to solving this error?
Flash atvX v4.3 ROM...