Could you please help me identify my box? MXQ max (S905L-B)

S905D, S905, S8xx Series and other box users can discuss here :)
lucasc84
Answers: 0

em3ka wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:56 am You will brick your device.

I gave up on this device, it was from my mother, it didn't worth the money to pay for an orginal rom to test it.

I orderer a better economic box with good community support (pendoo x10 plus).

So i jumped in and installed a s905w rom, and as you said, it got bricked.

First one installed fine (for te x96 mini) but the screen showed partially, so i tried one for the tanix tx3 mini and now it doesnt boot.

So now i'm playing with the device. ¿can you tell me y the photo what pins i need toshort to get recognized to amlogic burn tool by the shortpin method?
lucasc84

I´ll be glad if anyone can help with this

I only had partial luck (really strange behavior) with a malfunctioning usb male to male cable, by testing it and moving the cable sometimes it got recognized for a few seconds (of course i couldn't install any rom with that little gap).

With a brand new male to male usb cable i get nothing.

This new cable works, because the power led of the device turns on, but it doesn't get recognized by windows or the tool.

I know that there's a method to force the box to go to download mode, by shorting two pins, but i cant tell what pins are the correct ones, o some hint to it.
em3ka

lucasc84 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:26 am ...method to force the box to go to download mode, by shorting two pins, but i cant tell what pins are the correct ones, o some hint to it.
Possible shortpin locations on the other side of the NAND chip.