atvXperience v3 Feature Request

Section for discussions about the project. Hear directly from Admins and Moderators.
ricklar
Answers: 0

s_anand89 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:00 pm
Nayam wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:28 pm
s_anand89 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:46 pm i like to have the following features....
8) Recent Apps (Closing apps with slide down or slide right from recents no confirmation required like dismiss n all )
8. Not possible since the systemUI is from google, closed source
8.) closing apps is pain as such now you have to click the recent button then list will appear after that you have to select which tab to close then pull down then again confirmation to dismiss. so many button press for closing one app from background. so workaround like clear all will help it out.
For me the standard Recents is Ok, but agreed not the best when it doesn't have a 'Clear All' button like Mobile devices. So i use an App to clear all running apps called KillApps. It has a cool feature to run a permanent notification so you can quickly trigger the service through notification bar. Only problem is that AtvX current builds have the notification bar turned Off. So in my devices I turn the Notification Bar back on through an edit of the build.prop (note: notification bar should be fixed in next firmware version). KillApps doesn't remove the MEM capture of Recents, so if you do select Recents the Apps are still all there for quick recall, they just are no longer running Services and using Ram, which is main point for most people liking to keep Recents clear.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
s_anand89
Experienced Member

Nayam wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 am
s_anand89 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:23 am One more Feature request try to make it possible

New atvx logo based boot animation like the one we see with google. the boot animation video needs to be changed. lots of white in it.

Some thing like letters rolling and forming atvx only with full black background.
https://youtu.be/9QpQbJChI4Y
One suggestion
Make that tv or x or both glow in red neon color till it loads as the dots revolves around the tv and goes into it so the tv as well as the x symbol should glow red neon light. will give a better look .....
remove the atvxperience from the bottom not looking cool with the logo and no need of the round ball at the bottom. instead make a glossy shade effect of the neon light. keep it minimum and simple.
Looks fantastic than the current ones.
:alien: My Device : Memobox UFO (s905X) & A95X F1 (s905W) :alien:
canbonbon
Verified Member

Can I ask the age old question? What's the ETA on V3?
Thanks
s_anand89
Experienced Member

canbonbon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:52 am Can I ask the age old question? What's the ETA on V3?
Thanks
in the forum somewhere i saw it to be in the 3rd week of April. correct me if i am wrong.
:alien: My Device : Memobox UFO (s905X) & A95X F1 (s905W) :alien:
canbonbon
Verified Member

s_anand89 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:43 am
canbonbon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:52 am Can I ask the age old question? What's the ETA on V3?
Thanks
in the forum somewhere i saw it to be in the 3rd week of April. correct me if i am wrong.
Thanks. I will let Nayam post something about the date. April is already here folks :grinning:
s_anand89
Experienced Member

"nayam"

One more thing to point out Rom Download

Plz try to compress the image file with 7z which reduces the size of the image file to half the size , and the compressed file can be opened with other apps like winrar, winzip as well linux support 7z. since the rom size is reduced the upload time gets reduced for you as well as the download time also gets reduced for us.
ricklar

s_anand89 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:38 pm Plz try to compress the image file with 7z which reduces the size of the image file to half the size , and the compressed file can be opened with other apps like winrar, winzip as well linux support 7z. since the rom size is reduced the upload time gets reduced for you as well as the download time also gets reduced for us.
Files are uploaded to Mega, if you have Mega account just import to your account and when you select the file for download Mega has option to compress it before sending the file.

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
s_anand89
Experienced Member

[quote=ricklar post_id=5703 time=1554054420 user_id=1120]
[quote=s_anand89 post_id=5702 time=1554050291 user_id=2266]
Plz try to compress the image file with 7z which reduces the size of the image file to half the size , and the compressed file can be opened with other apps like winrar, winzip as well linux support 7z. since the rom size is reduced the upload time gets reduced for you as well as the download time also gets reduced for us.
[/quote]

Files are uploaded to Mega, if you have Mega account just import to your account and when you select the file for download Mega has option to compress it before sending the file.
[/quote]

i just created one for downloading the rom, but that is not the point i am talking about, i have tried the compress option there but not very effective one, see i am telling to compress and upload the file which is altogether better in many ways as such less file to upload , less file for us to download , time for download also gets reduced to half as well as occupy less space in the cloud storage. see the bigger picture. take that all into account.
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

s_anand89 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:05 pm
ricklar wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:47 pm
s_anand89 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:38 pm Plz try to compress the image file with 7z which reduces the size of the image file to half the size , and the compressed file can be opened with other apps like winrar, winzip as well linux support 7z. since the rom size is reduced the upload time gets reduced for you as well as the download time also gets reduced for us.
i just created one for downloading the rom, but that is not the point i am talking about, i have tried the compress option there but not very effective one, see i am telling to compress and upload the file which is altogether better in many ways as such less file to upload , less file for us to download , time for download also gets reduced to half as well as occupy less space in the cloud storage. see the bigger picture. take that all into account.
v2FF is compressed. I don't like uploading and downloading IMG files either.
Only v2H, which was not released by me is uncompressed.
I have always uploaded RAR files, No 7Z tho.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
ricklar

I had an idea, not so much a Feature Request, but a suggestion...

Insert a Signature on the Kernel, Carmine or Nayam, whomever complies the builds. :grin:

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!