atvXperience v3 Feature Request

Section for discussions about the project. Hear directly from Admins and Moderators.
LITUATUI
Answers: 0

It would be nice to have a menu with the possibility of choosing the DNS server with lowest ping.

Cloudflare DNS server (1.1.1.1) is the fastest.
Global Average
#1 CloudFlare: 4.98 ms
#2 Google: 16.44 ms
#3 Quad9: 18.25 ms
#4 CleanBrowsing: 19.14 ms
#5 Norton: 34.75 ms
#6 OpenDNS: 46.51 ms
#7 Comodo: 71.90
#8 Yandex: 169.91
pvpientalla

+1 BT USB Dongle compatible list ;)
Lacix
Verified Member

Is it possible to create hardware audio (ac3,dts,...) decoders (or fake it) for these boxes that some applications require to play back videos with these codecs ?

V3 request:
- keep the wifi on during sleep switch
Parsival
Verified Member

I set this in my router and it carries through to all devices on the network.
LITUATUI wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:47 pm It would be nice to have a menu with the possibility of choosing the DNS server with lowest ping.

Cloudflare DNS server (1.1.1.1) is the fastest.
Global Average
#1 CloudFlare: 4.98 ms
#2 Google: 16.44 ms
#3 Quad9: 18.25 ms
#4 CleanBrowsing: 19.14 ms
#5 Norton: 34.75 ms
#6 OpenDNS: 46.51 ms
#7 Comodo: 71.90
#8 Yandex: 169.91
s_anand89
Experienced Member

i like to have the following features
1) Minimum pre installed apps (only TV play store ) (Rest apps provide in atvx apps website)
2) fast and super fluid ui with minimum os storage (since i am stuck with 8gb so if os is ltd to 2-2.5 Gb space )
3) app drawer can be like windows 10 tiles interface (means medium square tiles )
4) Bluetooth & wifi Support
5) Amazon Prime Video TV app working with Google L1 Support
6) IR Remote to Turn on /off the device (must try to figure out something to keep it working)
7) Dark mode
8) Recent Apps (Closing apps with slide down or slide right from recents no confirmation required like dismiss n all )
:alien: My Device : Memobox UFO (s905X) & A95X F1 (s905W) :alien:
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

s_anand89 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:46 pm i like to have the following features
1) Minimum pre installed apps (only TV play store ) (Rest apps provide in atvx apps website)
2) fast and super fluid ui with minimum os storage (since i am stuck with 8gb so if os is ltd to 2-2.5 Gb space )
3) app drawer can be like windows 10 tiles interface (means medium square tiles )
6) IR Remote to Turn on /off the device (must try to figure out something to keep it working)
7) Dark mode
8) Recent Apps (Closing apps with slide down or slide right from recents no confirmation required like dismiss n all )
1. Can do, have some plans. But I'll be providing atvx apps preinstalled.
2. That's a risky thing to do, not every box maps to storage bytes correctly.
3. Already in the works
4. Device specific, cannot always guarantee full compatibility with all boxes
5. Device specefic, near impossible
6. Device specefic, cannot always guarantee but can try to maximize the support.
7. Already Implemented for now :)
8. Not possible since the systemUI is from google, closed source
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
s_anand89
Experienced Member

Nayam wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:28 pm
7) Dark mode
3. Already in the works
6. Device specefic, cannot always guarantee but can try to maximize the support.
1) atvx preinstalled is ok no complaints others like amazon,netflix,youtube smart,miracast etc no need provide it in website link
2) my box is 2/8gb so if os itself takes 4 to 5 gb left with no space to run apps smoothly minimum space with lag free ui also less heating
3) ok waiting for the surprise
4) you provide device specific as separate zip files and those having some specific device help them to create the zip file if working means upload it in the apps website so that we can have wide coverage of device support.
5) i have a box with widevine l1 supported ones but amazon doesn't work at all so if the app is a browser based app player with d pad remote support will solve the purpose.
6) plz some how find out a workaround. if you search in google max will say android tv custom rom means factory remote not working. so if you can figure out the loop hole then this rom is much better than the original tv os box
7) more black with white accent or violet with white accent ui including wallpapers boot animation n all. the traditional one is white at night with all lights turned off and booting the device means for 5 sec the eyes get washed out with the white boot animation.
8) closing apps is pain as such now you have to click the recent button then list will appear after that you have to select which tab to close then pull down then again confirmation to dismiss. so many button press for closing one app from background. so workaround like clear all will help it out.

Sorry i am demanding too much i think. if someone can guide me i will also try to help in the development work.

Definitely for sure the ver 3 will surprise many of us and we are eagerly waiting to get our hands on it.

Definitely a great work by this team .............................. hands off to you ..........
s_anand89
Experienced Member

One more Feature request try to make it possible

New atvx logo based boot animation like the one we see with google. the boot animation video needs to be changed. lots of white in it.

Some thing like letters rolling and forming atvx only with full black background.
Nayam

s_anand89 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:23 am One more Feature request try to make it possible

New atvx logo based boot animation like the one we see with google. the boot animation video needs to be changed. lots of white in it.

Some thing like letters rolling and forming atvx only with full black background.
https://youtu.be/9QpQbJChI4Y
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
Nayam

s_anand89 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:00 pm
Nayam wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:28 pm
7) Dark mode
3. Already in the works
1) atvx preinstalled is ok no complaints others like amazon,netflix,youtube smart,miracast etc no need provide it in website link
2) my box is 2/8gb so if os itself takes 4 to 5 gb left with no space to run apps smoothly minimum space with lag free ui also less heating
3) ok waiting for the surprise
4) you provide device specific as separate zip files and those having some specific device help them to create the zip file if working means upload it in the apps website so that we can have wide coverage of device support.
5) i have a box with widevine l1 supported ones but amazon doesn't work at all so if the app is a browser based app player with d pad remote support will solve the purpose.
6) plz some how find out a workaround. if you search in google max will say android tv custom rom means factory remote not working. so if you can figure out the loop hole then this rom is much better than the original tv os box
7) more black with white accent or violet with white accent ui including wallpapers boot animation n all. the traditional one is white at night with all lights turned off and booting the device means for 5 sec the eyes get washed out with the white boot animation.
8) closing apps is pain as such now you have to click the recent button then list will appear after that you have to select which tab to close then pull down then again confirmation to dismiss. so many button press for closing one app from background. so workaround like clear all will help it out.

Sorry i am demanding too much i think. if someone can guide me i will also try to help in the development work.

Definitely for sure the ver 3 will surprise many of us and we are eagerly waiting to get our hands on it.

Definitely a great work by this team .............................. hands off to you ..........
2. Yes I know it's a problem, I'll try my best to work on it.
4. Yes, that's the plan. Create a release and make separate patches for individual devices.
5. Yes, Even if you have widevine L1, amazon and netflix need their own certified devices. That's why we need to use phone versions. Also, widevine is strictly hardware related encryption, it doesn't work in 2 different devices at the same time.
6. Can be fixed from dtb surely.
7. That's why we have black-red combination. You should checkout our fb page.
8. Yes I know, but it's how google designed it. I can do nothing about it at the moment but I'll see if I can make some changes to it in the systemUI code.

Thanks for the support though, Really appreciate it 👍
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices: