DStv Now

appXperience
em3ka
Answers: 0

📖
madimant wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:57 am The DSTV 2.2.28 Huwawei not working for me ... Still ask for 'Device certification.'

I managed to install Magisk Manager then in the SU manager unroot the device but it come back rooted again after a reboot.
Also when I install Magisk APP in the Magisk Manager via direct method it goes through the motions that it flashed the boot image but on reboot still have SU as Root.
Will play some more..

Make sure you logged out of your old DSTV Now app and removed your device from the "devices" section. Uninstall your dstv now, reboot and install the Huawei version. Reboot again, and then only login to DSTV Now (I have it running on a MXQ Pro, x96mini and X96 Max Pro Plus all running ATV 4 without issues.) NOTE: the Huawei dstv now will only work on ATV login (where you enter a code from now.dstv.com/tv and not on the username / password option available in non-atv Roms)
cliff_ross

Follow the procedure in the #29 of this thread.

it worked for me.
AneesMoha

Hello

Will the update to V4 solve the dstv now or google certification issue?

Apologies am using the x96 mini box
Acidice
Administrator & Developer

AneesMoha wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:03 am Hello

Will the update to V4 solve the dstv now or google certification issue?

Apologies am using the x96 mini box
Hi, the short answer is - No, it will not. You can however try out the SA version* of the ROM, which might address some of your concerns.
https://mega.nz/file/M7gABYAZ#yQHO_vuJX ... YhDdSdXeg0

modEDIT:
Acidice wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:38 pm
madimant wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:56 pm Hi Guys
I have now used the rom for a couple of weeks and it works great except a couple of small issues.
1. Netflix version 4.16 that came with firmware runs but tends to loose the Wifi after one or two episodes.
(YouTube still works on testing when this happens) Have to reboot the box to get Netflix Wifi connection back.
2. I installed ShowMax last night but it complaints that 'Box is Rooted' and won't play. Is there a version that will run with v4?
Great work all in all...
Hi, I made a SA Version of this (*v4.1) ROM, and *added some remote configs and removed ROOT (as showmax requires the device to not be rooted).
Note - this ROM was made for my use and as a result it does have custom apps and custom boot logos and backgrounds.
martin42

i purchased a smart tv box atvXperience 8gb with netflix and dstv (900810 154294).We received instructions with the device not to update the DSTV app as it may not function properly.Since two weeks back we received a prompt to update everytime we open the DSTV app.we obviously ignored the prompt and yesterday when attempting to open the app it refused stating that the device is not Google certified.I contacted atvXperience and they advised me to change my settings to HUAWEI settings and it initially worked,Problem is everytime i exit the DSTV app and attempt to open it again i receive the message "playback not not possible as device is not HUAWEI CERTIFIED and then i have to re-install the app again which is quite a process.The customer consultant Joshua from atvXperience told me that i should not have any problems as long as i dont update.i did not update once and already the device is a waste of money with continious interuptions. I cannot pay for something that works on and off but was advertised as fully functional with DSTV and Netflix apps.order number #75707845.ordered and paid 12 August 2020 and delivered 14 August 2020.