Help to unbrick DreamMax B9S2

omar_shipyard
Answers: 0

Pls help, I think I breacked my tv box When trying some rom, I tried to flash any rom with amlogic burning tool its stopped at 7% then I burn android image on SD card now I could burn up to 8% with burning tool while the SD card inside the device is there any command through UART or any procedure to install android system again, attached the putty log file and the USB burning tool log file.

also I read about file named (SECURE_BOOT_SET) in some chines site and they used it in USB burning tool is it useful i try to put it at the path witch they mentioned but it doesn't show up in application window

notes
the device is always connected to the PC without pushing the recovery button, there are no point to be shorted to do short pin method, I bought UART and connect it and I can reach the debugging mod and i can do some commands,I have tow devices one is working good I attached the uart log file for it and the log file for the breaked device could you help me, thanks

device specs
Amlogic
SS5B7BA_ME003
Device Name: DreamMax B9S2
ROM 8GB
RAM 1GB
S905D

Code: Select all

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2023.01.31 11:41:49 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

ID[16]
tplcmd[    echo 12345]
[MSG]ret = 0
[info]success
BULKcmd[    low_power]
[info]success
BULKcmd[bootloader_is_old]
[info]failed: bootloader is new

ID[16]
BULKcmd[upload mem 0xc8100228 normal 0x4]
[MSG]Down(mem) part(0xc8100228) sz(0x4) fmt(normal)
[MSG]totalSlotNum = 0, nextWriteBackSlot 0
[info]success
[MSG]Burn Start...
[MSG]Burn complete

ID[16]
tplcmd[    echo 12345]
[MSG]ret = 0
[info]success
BULKcmd[    low_power]
[info]success

ID[16]
tplcmd[    download mem dtb normal 94208]
[MSG]Down(mem) part(dtb) sz(0x17000) fmt(normal)
[MSG]totalSlotNum = 0, nextWriteBackSlot 2
[info]success
[MSG]Burn Start...
[MSG]load dt.img to 0x0000000001000000, sz=0x17000
[MSG]Burn complete
BULKcmd[download get_status]
[info]success
BULKcmd[disk_initial 1]
[MSG]Disk inited again.
[info]success

ID[16]
tplcmd[download store boot normal 9142272]
get partition info failed !!
amlmmc - AMLMMC sub system

Usage:
amlmmc read  <partition_name> ram_addr addr_byte# cnt_byte
amlmmc write <partition_name> ram_addr addr_byte# cnt_byte
amlmmc erase <partition_name> addr_byte# cnt_byte
amlmmc erase <partition_name>/<device num>
amlmmc rescan <device_num>

em3ka

omar_shipyard wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:47 am ...is there any command through UART or any procedure to install android system again....
:thinking:
Carmine wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:37 pm @6666 try this:

1. Connect your board with PC by UART following @bumerc's tutorial and keep putty console open
2. Open Burning Tool
3. Connect your board with PC by male-male USB and press CNTRL+C on putty to stop autoboot
4. Write "update" and enter on putty, Burning Tool should find your board

Credits: @SemNizzle from Freaktab
:face_with_thermometer:
omar_shipyard wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:47 am I attached the uart log
This is not proper bootlog.
omar_shipyard

the device is already find by the burning tool without even pressing the recovery button
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

omar_shipyard wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:47 am also I read about file named (SECURE_BOOT_SET) in some chines site and they used it in USB burning tool is it useful i try to put it at the path witch they mentioned but it doesn't show up in application window

notes
the device is always connected to the PC without pushing the recovery button, there are no point to be shorted to do short pin method, I bought UART and connect it and I can reach the debugging mod and i can do some commands,I have tow devices one is working good I attached the uart log file for it and the log file for the breaked device could you help me, thanks
attach the usual boot log (not the burn log). Board is not encrypted - you must not set secureboot flags during installation. The error "get partition info failed !!", speaks for another emmc partition table that differs from the partition table of the FW to be installed. To fix this you have to write the DTB file from the FW you are about to install.. to emmc by hand.