R_TV Box S10--Unable to turn on or off with IR Remote

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
NAYBER123
Answers: 0

Hello all,

I was wondering of anyone would know how to help me. I absolutely LOVE the interface of ATVXperience, but I am unable to turn my R-TV Box on or off using the IR remote. I have to unplug it to turn it off, then use the "power button" from within ATVXperience task bar to turn it off. I have searched high and low for solutions on the internet--redoing remote.conf file etc. Non eof these work for me. Is there anyway to be able to turn my R-TV S10 mbox on and off like "stock" with the IR remote with ATVXperience? I have tried all downloadable versions available, from "F", "FF" up trhough "H" for s912 (all versions, the "general" S912, the "T95z" s912, and the "A" S912 versions). Nothing has worked.

THis rom would be my "go to" rom, and also see the V3 ATVXperience rom will be coming sometime in the future. I'd like to use this rom as a way to keep my box with the "latest-greatest" software and updates. Right now, I have to run the last rom that works with my box, Sept 2017.

My box specs:
-R-TV S10, 3gb DDR4 Ram (non-LP), 32gb flash mem

I also have an older T95z+ box, 2gb, 16gb that I am running Poison ROm on--tried ATVXperience on that too, but similar (no ability to turn the box on and off with IR remote)--I assume the solution is very similar for both boxes.

ALso, when I tried to flash both boxes, I used USB Burning tool, 2.1.6.

Any help with IR remote support for R-TV BOX S10 (and/or T95Z+) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
TSW

Have you replaced the remote.conf file with one of the original stock rom of your device ?
:upside_down_face: Please excuse my english, is not my native language :upside_down_face:
NAYBER123

I have tried multiple remote.conf files from multiple zips I have found on internet and other posts. Did not work.

I am going to try again and extract the remote.conf file from stock rom I have on it now. I thought I DID try that too, but now not sure between flashing my own boxes and brothers. I'll re-try to be sure and report back.

Hope it is as simple as that :)

Thank you!
TSW

Hi, the default remote configuration included in V2xx ATVXPERIENCE may not work for your device.
As suggested you need to replace the remote.conf file in your R-TV BOX S10.
If you want to try, follow these steps.

Please consider that the remote.conf file in this "guide" is for your device only R-TV BOX S10 (i hope..)

1) At first download the correct remote.conf .The ZIP file may be downloaded from here
https://mega.nz/#!05k0UaDA!SeFm2pmkaJL3 ... k1rG7qlgg8

2) Unzip the file and copy ONLY the remote.conf file into a microSD card and insert it on your device.

3) Install on your device R-TV BOX S10 the app ROOT EXPLORER from Google Play or, if you have trouble, download from here https://mega.nz/#!dpEX2QbA!d93ueTWH0IaR ... 2hXBylyhdQ, save on your microSD card and install it from here.

4) Once you have installed the ROOT EXPLORER launch it, GIVE THEM THE ROOT PERMISSION FOR READ/WRITE when asked then use this app to copy the file remote.conf from microSD card , browse to the folder ../system/etc on root of your device with atvxfirmware and paste it by confirm overwriting the existing one.

5) Reboot your device and cross your fingers :)

Good Luck!
:upside_down_face: Please excuse my english, is not my native language :upside_down_face:
NAYBER123

Thank you TSW! I'll give this remote.conf (in attached zip) a shot too if one I extract from stock rom does not work.

Fingers crossed! :)
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

[mention]NAYBER123[/mention]
Please post dmesg log as text file here

Code: Select all

dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg_log.txt
Henryfotly

Could you give us some more details, like what is your sim FSX, FSX Steam or P3D Did you make any recent changes to your system or changed any sim add-ons?

Cheerz,
Will
Joro711

TSW wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:13 pm Hi, the default remote configuration included in V2xx ATVXPERIENCE may not work for your device.
As suggested you need to replace the remote.conf file in your R-TV BOX S10.
If you want to try, follow these steps.

Please consider that the remote.conf file in this "guide" is for your device only R-TV BOX S10 (i hope..)

1) At first download the correct remote.conf .The ZIP file may be downloaded from here
https://mega.nz/#!05k0UaDA!SeFm2pmkaJL3 ... k1rG7qlgg8

2) Unzip the file and copy ONLY the remote.conf file into a microSD card and insert it on your device.

3) Install on your device R-TV BOX S10 the app ROOT EXPLORER from Google Play or, if you have trouble, download from here https://mega.nz/#!dpEX2QbA!d93ueTWH0IaR ... 2hXBylyhdQ, save on your microSD card and install it from here.

4) Once you have installed the ROOT EXPLORER launch it, GIVE THEM THE ROOT PERMISSION FOR READ/WRITE when asked then use this app to copy the file remote.conf from microSD card , browse to the folder ../system/etc on root of your device with atvxfirmware and paste it by confirm overwriting the existing one.

5) Reboot your device and cross your fingers :)

Good Luck!
This dont full work for my TV Box R-TV S10 with ATV Experience. Works only buttons OK, down, home and one other button. Help me, please.